Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Turkey bowl

So its thanksgiving eve, the night our dreams are adorned with grand visions of gluttony, and football. You see, nothing goes better with football than food (and beer). And Thanksgiving gives us just that. An entire day spent slothing about shouting ," BALL!! BALL!!" as if the sheer volume of your chant will penetrate the air to the very field  of which you watch and direct your team to the ball.  Thanksgiving is like football Christmas. The culmination of human happiness: family, food, and football. I dont exactly remember where the tradition started for myself. I seem to remember always stuffing my face with turkey and yams, and then screaming at the television for the cowboys to lose. I think even a couple years in there after the nfl expanded it from just 1 game a day that the rams played on thanksgiving.  Let me tell you three things that dont mix: myself, large quantities of food and alcohol, and the rams losing on a late field goal (suffice it to say i havent spoken to certain family members since....joking)
So whatever you decide to do today, be it eat eat eat and veg out in front of the boob tube for 6 hours, or just spend the holiday mingling nicely (or at least cordially) with your relatives, just remember what the holiday is all about. Family. (and football)

No comments:

Post a Comment